Route : Delhi Alsisar Bikaner Jaisalmer Jodhpur Udaipur Pushkar Jaipur Agra Delhi
Arrive Delhi, the capital city of India
Arrive in India, for your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour
- Arrive Delhi
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Delhi
Discover the first city of your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour, pacing through Delhi, the city which is as historic as modern, like 2 sides of the same coin!
AM: Sightseeing tour of Old Delhi, includes a visit to
- Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
- Chandani Chownk, ‘silver street’, one of the largest trading centres of India
- Drive past Red Fort, the place that marked the announcement of India’s freedom from the British Raj
- Raj Ghat, cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi
PM: Sightseeing tour of New Delhi, includes a visit to
- Qutab Minar, a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture and the worlds tallest minaret
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh temple of Delhi, with a gold tomb, still in active worship
- Photo stop at India Gate, the war memorial arch built in honour of the soldiers who died in the second world war
- Drive past President's House, Parliament House and other Government Secretariat Buildings, the most imposing features of Lutyen’s Delhi
Drive to Alsisar, the open air art gallery of Rajasthan (250 Kms / 6.5 Hrs)
Proceed to your first desert stop on your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour, visiting Alsisar
- Drive to Alsisar, a quaint village in the heart of Shekhawati region. The village of Alsisar has preserved some of the finest examples of frescos and painted havelis in the region
- Discover Alsisar, visit the beautiful havelis, to appreciate the art of the bygone era
Drive to Bikaner, the camel city of India (240 Kms / 5 Hrs)
Explore the arid deserts of India on your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour, visiting Bikaner, the camel city of India, renowned for best riding camels in the world
- Drive to Bikaner. Upon arrival, check in at your hotel and freshen up.
- Enjoy a horse-cart ride to the old town of Bikaner visiting small havelis and the majestic Junagarh Fort, a formidable structure encircled by a moat
Drive to Jaisalmer, the sand dunes paradise, popularly called ‘the golden city’ of Rajasthan (330 Kms / 7 Hrs)
Proceed further west on your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour, to visit the golden city of Jaisalmer
- Drive to Jaisalmer. Upon arrival check in at your desert camp in the sand dunes of Jaisalmer
- At leisure in your desert camp
Day in Jaisalmer
Experience the nomadic lifestyle in the sand dunes of Jaisalmer, on your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour
AM: Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Jaisalmer, visiting
- The Jaisalmer Fort, the second oldest fort of Rajasthan
- The luxurious and splendid havelis (mansions) in the old city
- The exquisitely sculptured Jain Temples, which also house an emerald icon of Mahavira
- Enjoy a sunset camel safari to the sand dunes of Sam, followed by dinner with traditional cultural performance
Drive to Jodhpur, the blue hued city of Rajasthan (290 Kms / 6.5 Hrs)
Experience the magnificence of your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour, discovering Jodhpur, home to one of the largest forts of India, the Mehrangarh Fort
- Drive to Jodhpur, the blue hued city of Rajasthan.
- En route visit the magnificent Pokharan Fort
- At leisure in Jodhpur
Day in Jodhpur
Connect to the tribes in your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour, with a jeep safari to local villages
- Enjoy a jeep safari to Bishnoi villages, to get a feel for the local lifestyle of Rajasthani villagers. Bishnoi’s are a village community of Rajasthan who are famous for their cultural lifestyle and their love for nature and animals. You get an opportunity to observe the village lifestyle and interact with villagers, shepherds, farmers and weavers of the region.
PM: Enjoy a city tour of Jodhpur, visiting
- The majestic Mehrangarh Fort that has fine views over the city
- Jaswant Thada, the white marble memorial of Maharaja Jaswant Singh II
- The fascinating museum at Umaid Bhawan Palace
Drive to Udaipur, the serene lake city of Rajasthan (260 Kms / 6 Hrs)
Feel the serenity of your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour, with a visit to Udaipur, the lake city of Rajasthan
- Drive to Udaipur, a romantic city nestled in the scenic valley of Aravali hills, surrounded by three lakes: Lake Pichola, Fateh Sagar and Udai Sagar
- En route, stop at Ranakpur, to visit the famous Jain temples, known for their grand structures and exquisite sculptures. The main temple in the complex, Chaumukha Temple (Four Faced Temple), has 29 halls supported by 1444 intricately carved pillars, no two alike!
- Arrive Udaipur, check in at your hotel
- Enjoy an evening at leisure
Day in Udaipur
Discover Udaipur, on your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour
AM: Enjoy a city tour of Udaipur, visiting
- the City Palace, one of the largest palace complex in Rajasthan, which is now a museum, royal residence and luxury hotel
- Saheliyon-Ki-Bari, the beautiful garden of the maids of honour
- Jagdish Temple, showcasing fine examples of sculpted images and ornamented interiors
- Enjoy a boat cruise at Lake Pichola (subject to water level), viewing the sparkling white marble Lake Palace
Drive to Pushkar, land of India’s largest annual camel fair (290 Kms / 6.5 Hrs )
Feel the rustic charm of your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour, with a visit to Pushkar, land of India’s largest annual camel fair
- Drive to Pushkar, home to India’s largest annual camel fair held in November every year. Situated in the heart of Rajasthan, Pushkar is also one of the holiest cities of India.
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Pushkar, mingling with saadhu’s (holy men in their orange attires), visiting the holy Pushkar Lake and the various temples in the region. The most famous is the Brahma Temple, said to be the only temple in the world dedicated to Lord Brahma.
- Enjoy a camel safari followed by dinner with Rajasthani folk performance
Drive to Jaipur, the pink capital city of Rajasthan (145 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Proceed to the palatial beauty of your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour, with a visit to Jaipur in Rajasthan
- Drive to Jaipur, the pink city of Rajasthan
- Enjoy a heritage walk in the old city of Jaipur, seeing life along the small alleys and by-lanes. Interact with the local artisans enamelling jewels with local ‘meenakari’ work, along with goldsmiths and silversmiths of the region
- Visit gems, jewels and carpet weaving factories – watch artisans creating unique masterpieces and enjoy haggling for souvenirs in colourful bazaars of Jaipur
Day in Jaipur
Cherish the splendour of your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour, with a tour of this princely city of Jaipur, which is built in 9 rectangular sectors symbolising 9 divisions of the universe, as per Indian cosmology
- Visit the splendid Amber fort, which was built in the 16th century. An elephant ride (subject to availability) will help you ascend to this hilltop fort. Alternatively, you could choose to walk or drive up to the fort.
- Photo stop at Hawa Mahal, the palace of winds. This palace consists of long corridors and a decorated facade with its innumerable windows and screened balconies, especially built for the royal women to view processions along the cities main street.
- Visit the City Palace complex, reflecting the architectural exuberance of Jaipur. The complex consists of a variety of museums and a part of the palace is still the royal residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur
- Visit Jantar Mantar, the ancient astronomical observatory
Drive to Agra, land of the Taj Mahal (240 Kms / 5 Hrs)
Encounter the historic marvel of your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour, discovering the Mughal city of Agra, home to the beautiful wonder of the world, the Taj Mahal
- Drive to Agra, en route enjoying a spectacular view of 7th – 8th century Abhaneri Stepwells
- Stop en route to visit Fatehpur Sikri, the crowning glory of Emperor Akbar's architectural legacy. Built in red sandstone, its numerous palaces, halls, and structures exemplify the creativity of erstwhile Mughal emperors.
- Optional: watch a fantastic show “Mohabbat the Taj – The saga of love”, staging the largest replica of the Taj Mahal, and presenting the Taj in its various shades and seasons.
Day in Agra
Enjoy the epitome of your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour, with a sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal
- Rise early to experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the eternal symbol of love, the Taj Mahal. Often referred to as a poem in white marble, Taj Mahal displays the saga of love between Emperor Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal.
- Visit Agra fort, which is built in red sandstone and has magnificent palaces, halls of public and private audience and beautiful gardens
- Visit marble inlay workshops – watch artisans creating magical beauty with marble and indulge in exquisite shopping in this historic city of Agra
Drive to Delhi Airport DEPARTURE (205 Kms / 4 Hrs)
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Deserts of Rajasthan Tour
- At leisure in Agra
- Drive to Delhi International Airport, to catch your flight back home