Route : Delhi Jaipur Agra Khajuraho Varanasi Kathmandu Nagarkot Kathmandu
Arrive in India, for your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour
- Arrive Delhi
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Discover the first city of your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour, pacing through Delhi, the city which is as historic as modern, like 2 sides of the same coin!
AM: Sightseeing tour of Old Delhi, includes a visit to
- Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
- Chandani Chownk, ‘silver street’, one of the largest trading centres of India
- Drive past Red Fort, the place that marked the announcement of India’s freedom from the British Raj
- Raj Ghat, cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi
PM: Sightseeing tour of New Delhi, includes a visit to
- Qutab Minar, a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture and the worlds tallest minaret
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh temple of Delhi, with a gold tomb, still in active worship
- Photo stop at India Gate, the war memorial arch built in honour of the soldiers who died in the second world war
- Drive past President's House, Parliament House and other Government Secretariat Buildings, the most imposing features of Lutyen’s Delhi
Proceed to the palatial beauty of your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour, with a visit to Jaipur in Rajasthan
- Drive to Jaipur, check in at your hotel and freshen up.
- Enjoy a heritage walk in the old city of Jaipur, seeing life along the small alleys and by-lanes. Interact with the local artisans enamelling jewels with local ‘meenakari’ work, along with goldsmiths and silversmiths of the region
- Visit gems, jewels and carpet weaving factories – watch artisans creating unique masterpieces and enjoy haggling for souvenirs in colourful bazaars of Jaipur
Cherish the splendour of your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour, with a tour of this princely city of Jaipur, which is built in 9 rectangular sectors symbolising 9 divisions of the universe, as per Indian cosmology
- Visit the splendid Amber fort, which was built in the 16th century. An elephant ride (subject to availability) will help you ascend to this hilltop fort. Alternatively, you could choose to walk or drive up to the fort.
- Photo stop at Hawa Mahal, the palace of winds. This palace consists of long corridors and a decorated facade with its innumerable windows and screened balconies, especially built for the royal women to view processions along the cities main street.
- Visit the City Palace complex, reflecting the architectural exuberance of Jaipur. The complex consists of a variety of museums and a part of the palace is still the royal residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur
- Visit Jantar Mantar, the ancient astronomical observatory
Encounter the historic marvel of your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour, discovering the Mughal city of Agra, home to the beautiful wonder of the world, the Taj Mahal
- Drive to Agra, en route enjoying a spectacular view of 7th – 8th century Abhaneri Stepwells
- Stop en route to visit Fatehpur Sikri, the crowning glory of Emperor Akbar's architectural legacy. Built in red sandstone, its numerous palaces, halls, and structures exemplify the creativity of erstwhile Mughal emperors.
- Optional: watch a fantastic show “Mohabbat the Taj – The saga of love”, staging the largest replica of the Taj Mahal, and presenting the Taj in its various shades and seasons.
Enjoy the epitome of your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour, with a sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal
- Rise early to experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the eternal symbol of love, the Taj Mahal. Often referred to as a poem in white marble, Taj Mahal displays the saga of love between Emperor Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal.
- Visit Agra fort, which is built in red sandstone and has magnificent palaces, halls of public and private audience and beautiful gardens
- Visit marble inlay workshops – watch artisans creating magical beauty with marble and indulge in exquisite shopping in this historic city of Agra
Continue to the cultural splendours of your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour, with a visit to Khajuraho, a UNESCO world heritage site in central India
- Early morning board an express train to Jhansi.
- Then, drive to Orchha, a medieval riverside town known for its palaces, temples, fascinating little shrines and memorials.
- Continue drive to Khajuraho, the ancient city famous for its erotic sculptured temples.
- This evening, enjoy the famous cultural dance show of Khajuraho
Proceed to the spiritual hub of your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour, visiting Varanasi, the oldest living city of the world
- Visit the enchanting temples of Khajuraho, with sculptures that draw their inspiration from the ancient art of Kama sutra. Khajuraho Temples were built by the Chandela kings between 950 AD and 1050 AD.
- Catch your flight to Varanasi, the spiritual capital of India (also known as Kashi and Benaras).
- Arrive Varanasi, check in at your hotel and freshen up
- This evening, enjoy a rikshaw ride to the ghats to see the grand ‘Aarti’ ceremony conducted everyday at sunset by white-robed priests. The young priests sway in seemingly choreographed movements, worshiping the river goddess with incense, flowers and earthen lamps.
Proceed towards Nepal, in your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour
- Enjoy an early morning boat ride on River Ganges to witness the devotees offering prayers to the rising sun and performing their religious rituals
- Later take a walking tour through the narrow lanes of Varanasi to visit the Gyanwapi Mosque and the Vishwanath temple popularly know as the Golden Temple.
- Drive to the airport to catch your flight to Kathmandu
- Arrive Kathmandu and check in at your hotel
Discover the first city Nepal in your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour, pacing through Kathmandu, the beautiful temple city of Nepal where grandeur of past enchants the visitors.
- Visit the Swayambhunath Stupa, a UNESCO world heritage site, acclaimed to be more than 2500 years old. The Swayambhunath complex also known as the Monkey Temple consists of a stupa, a variety of shrines and temples, including a Tibetan monastery, a museum and a library.
- Drive to Patan, one of the oldest Buddhist City in the world believed to be founded in the 3rd century A.D. Patan is also known as the centre of fine arts and for the superb craftsmanship of its artisans.
- Visit the Patan Durbar square, acclaimed as one of the finest urban streetscapes in the world.
Embark on thrilling mountainous trails of your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour, with a drive to Nagarkot, a tiny hamlet in Nepal
- Visit the Kathmandu Durbar Square, a UNESCO world heritage site famous for its exquisite architecture and artistic embellishments. The Kathmandu Durbar Square holds the palaces of the Malla and Shah Kings who ruled over the city.
- Later visit the Pashupathinath Temple, one of the most sacred Hindu shrines in the world. The temple dedicated to Lord Shiva was the seat of national deity, Lord Pashupatinath, until Nepal was secularized.
- Also visit the Boudnath Stupa, the largest stupa in Nepal and one of the largest in the world. Enlisted in the UNESCO world heritage site, the Stupa is said to entomb the remains of a Kashyapa sage venerable both to Buddhists and Hindus
- Drive to Nagarkot, a famous hill resort known for its panoramic views of Himalayas and the Kathmandu valley. It can offer a beautiful view of the Mt Everest on a clear day.
- Enjoy sunset views in the valley
Cherish the splendour of your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour, visiting Bhaktapur Durbar square
- Early morning witness the fascinating sunrise views of the snow covered Himalayan peaks. Nagarkot offers unparalleled sunrise views of the Himalayan ranges.
- After breakfast proceed on your return drive to Kathmandu.
- Enroute visit Bhaktapur Durbar square, a UNESCO world heritage site known for its spectacular architecture, vividly showcasing the skills and craftsmanship of the Newari artists. The Bhaktapur Square is a store house of mediaeval art and architecture, containing the Golden Gate at the Palace of 55 Windows, The Taleju Temple and the traditional crafts, pottery and weaving of Nepal.
- Continue your drive Kathmandu
- On arrival check-in at hotel for overnight stay
Bid goodbye to Nepal, as you reach the finale of your Jewels of India and Nepal Tour
- This morning, you will be transferred to the airport to catch your flight back home