Route : Kolkata Darjeeling Pemayangste Gangtok Kalimpong Kolkata
Arrive Kolkata, the east Indian city of joy
Arrive in India, for your Highlights of West Bengal and Sikkim Tour
- Arrive Kolkata
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Kolkata
Discover the first city of your Highlights of West Bengal and Sikkim Tour, pacing through Kolkata, the intellectual and cultural capital of India.
AM: Sightseeing tour of Kolkata, includes a visit to
- Victoria Memorial, a white marble structure built to commemorate the memory of Queen Victoria of England
- The Kali temple, an ancient temple dedicated to goddess Kali. The city of Kolkata, derives its name from this temple
- The famous Jain Temple
- Drive past Fort William, a colonial fort built by the British to guard the city against the French
- Secratariat, a remnant of colonial architecture in the city.
- Visit the local markets in Kolkata where you can shop for Bengali Sarees,, Murshidabad silks, handicrafts etc.
Visit Darjeeling, Queen of the Hills
Cherish the natural beauty of your Highlights of West Bengal and Sikkim Tour, with a visit to Darjeeling
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Bagdogra.
- On arrival at Bagdogra airport (90 Kms / 3 Hrs), drive to Darjeeling, a small hill
station famous for its tea plantations and breathtaking views of the snow
- Enjoy a visit to tea plantation and factory to learn about the process of tea production and processing
Day in Darjeeling
Delight yourself in the beauty of your Highlights of West Bengal and Sikkim Tour, discovering Darjeeling
- Dawn excursion to the Tiger Hill to view the spectacular sunrise over the Himalayas. On a sunny day, a clear view of snow capped Mt Everest can be seen from here.
- After breakfast board the UNESCO world heritage Toy train to visit the Ghoom monastery
- Visit the Tibetan Refugee camp
- Enjoy a leisurely walk in the Botanical gardens
Drive to Pemayangste, a small hamlet in Sikkim (110 Kms / 5.5 Hrs)
Enter the state of Sikkim on your Highlights of West Bengal and Sikkim Tour, and visit Pemayangste, a little hamlet nestled in the Himalayas
to Pemayangste, a small hamlet in Sikkim (110 Kms / 5.5 Hrs)
- Visit the beautiful Pemayanste monastery, one of the oldest monasteries in Sikkim.
Drive to Gangtok, the capital city of Sikkim (125 Kms / 5.5 Hrs)
Proceed to the fourth treasure of your Highlights of West Bengal and Sikkim Tour, by visiting Gangtok, the capital city of the state of Sikkim.
- Morning drive to Gangtok, the picturesque capital city of Sikkim.
- Visit the Enchey monastery, which has a good collection of exquisite images and religious objects
Day in Gangtok
Discover the charm of Gangtok on your Highlights of West Bengal and Sikkim Tour
AM: Enjoy a short city tour of Gangtok, which includes a visit to
- The cottage industry institute, which showcases local handicrafts, souvenirs etc.
- Research Institute of Tibetology, which has a vast collection of rare Buddhist manuscripts and icons
- The stupa, Do Dru La Chorten
- Visit to the Rumtek monastery. You can enjoy spectacular view of the snow covered Mt Kanchenjunga
Drive to Kalimpong, a small scenic town famous for its beautiful monastery (80 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Experience tranquillity in your Highlights of West Bengal and Sikkim Tour, with a visit to the peaceful town of Kalimpong
- Drive to Kalimpong, the beautiful hill town which is a meeting point of the ‘three closed lands’ and was once on the trade route between Tibet, Nepal and Bhutan.
PM: Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kalimpong which includes a visit to
- St. Theresa Church
- Dela viewpoint and lake
- Kalimpong Bazaar to shop for local handicrafts
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Highlights of West Bengal and Sikkim Tour
- Transfer to Bagdogra airport (85 Kms / 3 Hrs)to catch your return flight to Kolkata
- On arrival in Kolkata, transfer to International airport to catch your flight back home.